Best Infrared Thermometers?
[vc_column_text]Whenever you read the phrase, “The Best Infrared Thermometers“
. A definition will trigger inside your head, “A Digital thermometer that is using Infrared sensor to measure the temperatures correctly”. I know this definition is okay for a layman but not for technical.
If I explain the technology, maybe you will be shocked. Because the Infrared thermometers that you were seeing or using are not based on an Infrared (IR) sensor.
These are only infrared emission capturing devices, which calculates the temperature of the skin surface or an object, reference to the emissivity.
now you are feeling cheated and a lot of questions bombarding inside your head. But hold on, I’ll explain them one by one…🤔[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column]
The technology behind IR thermometers?
[vc_column_text]Well, we all have a wrong assumption, IR thermometers are based on an infrared sensor that collects temperature and displays.
And this is not the truth.
The truth is, IR thermometers, also called Infrared or contactless thermometers are based on a passive sensor which is called: “Thermopile”
A lot of companies are selling these thermometers, even they don’t know the actual working and product technology and what sensors are being used to make these devices.
If you ask them, they will tell you, this is an IR thermometer and works on an infrared sensor 😆😆. But don’t worry I’ll be explaining to you each and everything about the device.
Some of you may be thinking if companies don’t know then, how you are going to tell me?🤔🙄
Because I’m an engineer and worked very closely in the development of these devices with some Indian as well as foreign companies. And based on that knowledge I can tell you deeper than you know before.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column]
How does an IR thermometer works?
[vc_column_text]An infrared thermometer works on the passive infrared radiation that is emitted by an object or human skin surface.
Note: IR thermometers are only for reference purposes only they should not be used for medical use in any means. Because they collect the temperature of your skin surface not the core of the body. And there would be differences between actual and IR showed temperatures.
I assuming that you are familiar with the terms emissivity and black body if you have done your schooling seriously.😁
Here are 3 points:
- Every object or body store energy
- Stored energy also radiates in the form of infrared
- Everything has an emissivity point
The same concept from your 10th standard book is applied here. following is the working of your IR based thermometer:
- A thermopile sensor captures the infrared radiation of your test object
- This radiation fully depends upon the emissivity of the object
- According to the emissivity the sensor sends data to ADC
- this ADC converts temperature into the electrical form
- Which is processed by the computational unit
- and results are displayed on the screen.
These thermometers can only show you the reference temperature not the actual. For that, you need a mercury one.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space height=”18px”][vc_column_text]I hope your doubts are clear now. And here are some recommended best Infrared thermometers that you can count upon.[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner]
1. Dr Trust (USA) Forehead Digital Infrared Thermometer
[vc_single_image image=”7166″]Buy here
2. Vandelay Infrared Thermometer
[vc_single_image image=”7167″]Buy here
3. Quantum QHM-500
[vc_single_image image=”7168″]Buy here
Best Infrared Thermometers: What does the customer say?
4 out of 5 stars
This product has good utility. All items are there as mentioned. We are using this product on new born baby also. However, we want to know whether the infrared rays are harmful for the baby and to what extent. Accuracy appears to be good.
1. Slim and Handy
2. Object mode
3. Easy to operate
4. Large display
5 out of 5 stars
Happy with the Product
I just received the product today. I’m happy with my initial experience hence the 5 stars. Best Infrared thermometer.
1. The Seller is cooperative and honest which is very important for an Online purchase, as 1 purchases without looking at the real product.
2. I didn’t need to make any changes in settings & there are enough buttons so I guess when I need to I won’t have problems, fingers crossed.
3. I have just tested it only on 1 person and both the times the readings were the same; Which is very important for me as I had bought a much more expensive brand Infrared thermometer earlier which boasted of great reviews from leading publications, but when I tested it on the same person each press of the button showed a different temp., so that was disappointing moreover it was very difficult to use as it had only 1 button for everything.
4. This can supposedly even measure Environment temp., a feature I didn’t know it had, so that’s a bonus (Not tested it yet).
5. With regard to accuracy I can’t say much as I haven’t crossed checked with a Contact thermometer, but I don’t mind giving it the error margin of maximum -+3° which it says.
The only cons I can say are:
1. The approval and certifications mentioned in the ‘Product Description,’ are neither mentioned on the box nor on the product &
2. When you turn it on it shows a scary red screen (Which makes you wonder if you have fever), with ‘Surface,’ mode and all mentioned and then it goes to detect ‘Body,’ temperature and shows the relevant screen. What my suggestion to the manufacturer would be if possible, if they would b able to tweak this and just show a no colour neutral screen with the Mode and C° or F° (Whichever applicable mentioned) with — — (Like in most other infrared thermometers) & then it would go on to detect temp.
Hope this helps
3.0 out of 5 stars
Best in range
Honest review : Super easy to use and with branding of Quantum it becomes easy to rely on this product. Its price on Amazon is less as compared to outside market. Thank you so much.
[vc_column_text]I hope you have checked all the above-listed models and made a mind for buying one. The priority of the number shows, the selection level for the device. No.1 is More perfect and users have given great feedback whereas no.3 has less priority.
If you still confused about buying, feel free to contact me on Facebook.
Enjoy the day!